Remember who you are.
Today is already a much better day than yesterday - I want to thank you all for helping me through the rough spots - from commenting here, to calling me, to posting on the DWT boards, to e-mailing. EVERYTHING. You are wonderful people, and I love you for it.
I just got off the treadmill (still dripping sweat) - but had to come post. I generated a 20 minute playlist for my iPod for the non Cruella workouts, and tried it out this morning - MAN OH MAN did it work. (I've decided it's the first of many - each surrounding a theme - today's is called "lion".)
In 20 minutes I did 1.18 miles. I varied speeds from 2.5 - 5.0mph and incline from 0-0.5.
I'm EXHAUSTED. But I feel freakin' great! And I wanted to share my playlist with you and encourage you, if you have access to these songs - to listen to them today. All of them. Trust me. You'll feel GREAT.
1. Welcome Medly (Main Street - WDW Celebration CD) - this is just a great fun warm-up song, and if you listen hard enough, you'll start to see the street around you.
2. Circle of Life (The Lion King) - what a powerful song - between the softer parts perfect for a cool off - and the beating drums that pick up your feet.
3. One Jump Ahead (Aladdin) - speaking of picking up your feet.
4. EPCOT Entrance Medly (WDW Celebration CD) - classic EPCOT music for a good 3 minute hiatus in your workout - keeps the blood flowing to the creshendo of...
5. The King of Pride Rock (The Lion King - Instrumental) - sure it starts off slow - but at about 3 minutes into the song, as Rafiki pats Simba on the shoulder and the rain starts to fall, and Simba takes those first steps up Pride Rock...(at this point you'll be at minute 19 of a 20 minute workout - crank the speed and go for a highpoint!) - you can hear the ghosts of the kings watching you - and see the birth of the new king - I kid you not - as I was sweating, and breathing and running - I raised my hands to the light - and as the song ended - I was crying. This song is POWERFUL.
And so am I, it seems. Maybe I really can do this.
On second thought....I CAN. I know it - I believe it.
One step at a time - this is, after all, a half-marathon, not a sprint. If I take it slow, as a good friend suggested, and build up to it - not even Cruella can stand in my way.
MAIN STREET AWAITS!!!!!!